1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Lloyd Carr Death Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 1, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's just silly. Clearly, Appy State smoke-and-mirrored their way to a win in the Big House...

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

There is no way, on no planet, anyone can say App. St. has more talent than Michigan. Period.
    I have no rooting interest in D-I football (I'm an Illinois St. guy, and we just lost to non-scholarship Drake, so I'm already fuming). App. St. played a better game today and was the better team one afternoon. But no way, day in and day out, they are a better squad.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Of course, Michigan has better talent. You'd have to be Rick James smoking Pinto-sized crack rocks if you thought otherwise.

Of course, that ain't the question I asked.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah. I don't think there's enough money in the world to get you to moderate a message board...[/joking]

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

85 scholarships to what, 63?
    How many App players had offers to go to a perennial top-ranked team?
    CI is dead on.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

How about Mich just offers the job to the Appy State coach before he even gets on the plane.

7. Moderator1

Uh, dude, can you stick around? We'll send the van for your family and all your shit?

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I asked who is the better, um, team. Not who has the best talent or even who has better coaches (though I think Sir Lloyd did a good job of helping us in the hunt for an answer).

9. Moderator1

Michigan has the better team. It wins 98 times out of 100. Talent level wins most of the time.
    Today was one of the other two.
    App. State has high quality talent, maybe the best in its division. Just enough to hang with an alleged top team when that team ain't at its best.
    At its best, Michigan wins by four TDs.

10. So did Lloyd show up yet?

11. Carr's speaking now

12. Moderator1

"After a 1-hour cooling off period *****"

How long was it?

Draft saved Draft deleted