1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official John D. Villarreal vids - *breaking news* JDV a top You Tube Director!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, May 27, 2007.

?

Do you agree with Ben Affleck that the Dems are F'n weak over the Iraq War Funding Vote?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Re: Official John D. Villarreal video thread - Ben Affleck calls Dems F'n weak!

Me likey! ;-D

2. Re: Official John D. Villarreal video thread - Ben Affleck calls Dems F'n weak!

[​IMG]

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You are picking on JDV. Shame on you. We think you are mean, evil peoples. If you have problems with him, take it to PMs. And JDV, this is for you:

[​IMG]

Sorry.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You are all just jealous of JDV's superior intellect. We all know the man's a genius!

[​IMG]

6. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

7. Re: Official John D. Villarreal video thread - Ben Affleck calls Dems F'n weak!

[​IMG]

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Quit making me laugh with the cat jacks. It's making my kidneys hurt.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

10. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Damn good question. Let's take the example of the video with the highest viewership to date, the Pride Fighting Championship video.

Pride, the company which owns the rights to the video which the clip is from (actually, UFC now owns the rights since they just purchased Pride) reviewed the video themselves.

Here are the questions Pride apparently asked themselves regarding whether or not to pull that particular YouTube video based on potential copyright infringement (Note: JDV just told me he would write the particulars of this section; see his post following, please): Should we pull this YouTube clip made by two knowledgeable MMA fans who are basically helping us promote our sport to the tune of about 100,000+ viewers of their video? Is that in our best interest? Is that going to help our bottom line?

That's why the video is still up -- we're helping them, and they realized that.
    Novel concept: Content providers, websites and posters helping each other for their mutual benefit.

There is no copyright violation case if the organization who owns the copyright decides not to pursue its enforcement.

John's area of legal expertise -- intellectual property. He studied it at the #1 intellectual property program in the world. Not the country, the world. He worked at the world's premier high tech/corporate securities/venture capital firm, a firm which includes the/one of the (depending on who you ask) country's dominant intellectual property practices.

Intellectual property is basically about who owns/has the rights to ideas and the results of creative enterprises, and when is that ownership broached, etc. It's a pretty safe assumption that the idea of copyright infringement occurred to John when he and I decided to shoot the videos. Wikipedia-trained wanna-be Matlocks might not fully grasp that concept. I can't speak for John, but I'm sure he appreciates the free legal advice.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Cat sees JDV crossing road ...

[​IMG]

12. Re: Official John D. Villarreal video thread - Ben Affleck calls Dems F'n weak!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.