1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OFFICIAL COLLEGE BOWL THREAD...Toby Keith is pissed.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 2, 2012.

1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Since the BCS show is coming on, and Northern Illinois is about to screw the Sooners....

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Final #BCS Standings: 1. Notre Dame 2. Alabama 3. Florida 4. Oregon 5. Kansas St. 6. Stanford 7. Georgia 8. LSU 9. Texas A&M 10. So Carolina

That makes 6 from the SEC. Good on the conference. But Jesus Christ.

And Stanford behind Oregon is ridiculous.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

To take Northern Illinois over Oklahoma is just insane.

If you are going to give a non-AQ conference team a bid, let them bump the champ of the sucky conference that year.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Complain all you want, but that is the system the big boys put in place to keep the BCS in charge as long as possible.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Herbstreit needs crying lessons from Dick Vitale.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Stanford has two losses. Oregon has one.

Should Washington be ahead of Stanford?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stanford beat Oregon and won the Pac-12.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was a little over the top.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Florida State-Northern Illinois was the kind of matchup I anticipated when I was growing up and watching the Orange Bowl.

Wait. No, it wasn't. I grew up with Florida State/Miami/Clemson/Penn State versus Nebraska/Oklahoma/occasionally Colorado. Now if it gets something like Clemson-Cincinnati, that's a good year.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So is the problem that they put a bad rule in place to satisfy some outsiders? (And, yeah, some of the media who cheer for the underdogs are part of it).

Or is the problem that the voters simply ranked NIU far higher than it deserved?

Hey, I was salutatoria of my high school class. No way was I getting into Harvard (or Duke, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Northwestern or even most state Us).

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's amazing how quickly ESPN can turn from being the champion of the little guy.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's great watching shills cry, isn't it? Oklahoma has been the most consistent underachiever in its weight class for a decade, but let's feel sorry for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted