1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Californication Season 2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Two more weeks until the best show on TV returns.

The first two episodes are out there on the web and the first episode is outstanding.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Four episodes tonight on DirecTV channel 101 starting at 10 p.m. EDT with a rerun of all four starting at midnight. No idea how much editing will occur. I believe they're first-season episodes. Savvy move by Showtime to build buzz.

3. Mizzougrad96

I watched the last couple of episodes last week and it was almost like I had forgotten how great the show is.

I'll take Californication and Weeds over any two comedies on TV by a long shot.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I can't wait for it to start.

Interesting article about the actress who plays Duchovny's ex-wife.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article4746967.ece

5. Mizzougrad96

Wow, that's crazy story... My lord...

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That was a pretty good article.
    And, in a lighter note, if you have onDemand, you can watch the entire first season for free.
    It is in the top picks section. All 13 episodes and all free.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Weeds ain't in the same zipcode.... way behind.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'll have to tell the Mrs. to watch the Sept. 28 double-header without me and I'll catch it On Demand the next morning.
    DEXTER Season 3 premier 9 - 10 p.m.
    CALIFORNICATION Season 2 premier 10-10:30 p.m.

Dexter is better than Californication and Weeds. I agree with Simon that Californication is better than Weeds. On a side note, The Shield is better than Californication and Weeds.

However I'm not interested in watching them on the web. I'll wait with anticipation - with just the promos to hold me over - until they return.

9. Mizzougrad96

Just saw the second episode... Good stuff...

Weeds did dip a little this season. I'm still getting caught up, but I haven't been as into it as I was the previous years. Still better than anything on the networks though.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wish I had Showtime. It might be worth it to go rent a seedy motel room each week. Unless there's a better way someone can tell me.

11. www.btjunkie.org

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Californication was good, but not great.

A few of the lines were just pure gold, but I guess I'm still a little skeptical as to how the season will play out.

Duchovny is a freaking genius though.

Draft saved Draft deleted