1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official British Open thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jul 20, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I can't make out the sounds. Are the "unbiased journalists" licking balls or moaning right now?

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Once or twice perhaps. But they had to back off a couple of times on damn near every hole through the first 16. At some point, it's a matter of consideration, of respect. Would you want someone chattering away constantly as you were pounding out a gamer on deadline? Didn't think so.

What's the common reaction when someone is being a bit too loud in the press box after a 7 p.m. college football game? That person gets told to shut up. Sometimes in harsher words, sometimes not. At some point, you need to keep your mouth shut and let them play... and if not, then someone needs to show you the gate.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Thank you. It seemed like from 8-14 it was happening, like you said, once or twice a hole.

And I second the DiMarco comments, I like the guy. One day he's going to outlast Tiger on a Sunday.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Finally we get a shot of Mrs. Woods...

5. nafselon

I'm starting to wonder if, given his history of success in the British, if he won't win as many, if not more, Opens than Masters. I'm still of the belief he had Muirfield won until the third-round monsoon, especially since he shot low round the next day.

6. doubledown68

If the courses are all as baked as this one, then no doubt. It's good to see a little emotion from el Tigre as well.

He's not a machine... he's a man! [/rockyIV]

7. nafselon

That was a pretty nice moment with him and the Mrs. And he showed plenty of emotion last year when he won Augusta.

8. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Great moment at the end there.

And Butch Harmon said many years ago that he felt when it was all done with, Tiger would win more British Opens than any other major.

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Can't say I expected a Rocky V reference on this thread. Nice.

What exactly was the deal with the paint on the 18th green?

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That was Rocky IV, though. Rocky V wasn't clever enough to have a line like that.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

God, TIger has a hot wife.

12. doubledown68

Dammit, I know better than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted