1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official all-purpose CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 25, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

My Esks' offence looks good - probably because Maciocia isn't calling the plays.

The defence - pass defence at least - doesn't look so good.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A missed punt?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Dumb me. I meant missed field goal.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

How does Sean Flemming still have a job in Edm?

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Even though the Argos lost a close one last night to the Lions, I am still picking them to come out of the East, and yes, win the Grey Cup.
    I think the Roughriders will surprise many people and other teams. Any time Eric Tillman is involved with a franchise, good things come out of it, so they are the team I will be watching closely.
    There is news this week here in Halifax that we may get more exhibition games. However, council is trying to get enough votes to refurbish Huskies Stadium because the seating is just pitiful. For the last exhibition game that was hosted, extra bleachers had to brought in.

Trust me Gomer, either Halifax or Moncton is going to get the next franchise way before Quebec City. I don't agree with you statement about the NS economy, because support for the CFL (regardless of the fact we got screwed with the Atlantic Accord by the Harper government) is huge. CFL would be better supported then an NHL franchise because Halifax is a "football town" and the CIS success and CFL exhibition games.

By the way can anybody tell me if CBC will be airing any CFL Pregame/actual games online? It is so much easier to see them there when you are not at home ::)

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Every CFL game is available online, I believe.

Called CFL Broadband. Look for it at www.cfl.ca.

Not as good as MLB.tv, but it serves your purpose.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I do not know, I think they even draftred an balnkety-blank kicker with their first pick of the Canadian talent draft, and then he didn't even make the team. complete waste. Still that was a fell of a game, but I think the OT format is rediculous. If they are going to go with the NCAA format then they should go until there is a winner, at the very least run it more than twice.

8. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

The Ticats' only hope is to start Joe zuger and hope that he and Hal Patterson can share a little magic.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or bring back Angela Mosca to do another hit on Willie Fleming. :)

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I agree with you regarding OT. And, it's nice to see someone share my disdain for Flemming.

Also, it's nice to see a fellow Esks fan on here!

God, what is wrong with their secondary? It was supposed to be "re-vamped" this season but it looked like the same old shit to me; allowing a deep ball late in a game against the Bombers. This thing sould have been close, yes. But it shouldn't have gone to OT.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hamilton gets a kick at the can tonight against the Stamps. 10:00 on CBC

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted