1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official all-purpose CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Allez Les Argos!!

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Normally I'd say "Screw the Argos" but my kid's working for them this summer.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

oh yeah? cool....he must be pumped. I'm actually not even an Argo fan, or a fan of any team really...but I did like Edmonton when Warren Moon was their QB.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

seeing as how football is my favourite sport, I love the opportunity to watch football in the summer. I almost went to an Als game last year, but I crossed the Champlaign Bridge just before game time and couldn't go. I do follow the Als on cfl.ca (no dish access)

Seriously tho, is there any plans for expansion in the U.S.? or is that out the window? If not in America, will will a new team be placed? (I'm assuming the league plans to replace Ottawa? no?)

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The last attempt at expansion into the U.S. was an absolute disaster. I mean, you couldn't make this crap up.

The only upside was that the Baltimore Stallions became the answer to a trivia question.

They'll go to Quebec City (football is HUGE in Quebec) or Halifax before the U.S.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Got Stampeders season tickets this year, so I'm biased, but I see Calgary and B.C. duking it out for No. 1 in the West and Montreal and Toronto coming out of the East.

Saskatchewan is the darkhorse. And Beef, your Eskies still suck ;)

As for expansion, the league would be much smarter to go to Quebec City first. The Nova Scotia economy just isn't something you should be banking on.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Anyone see the CFL preview show on TSN last night?

Not bad but Dave Randorf can wear thin really quickly. At one point I thought, "Shit, he's gone to the Pierre McGuire School of Broadcasting"

Oh, and IJAG, CFL means one thing: Elliotte. :)

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Two things – there is no way the Roughriders are going to finish ahead of the Eskies for the final playoff spot. Second, The Stamps will likely finish first in the west, but as I said last year, Burris will never win it all. He will choke in the conference final against whoever they play. Burris is a chickenshit QB. He won't take a hit to make a play, and if you put the slightest pressure on him he will rush his throw into double or triple coverage. The Stamps have a great collection of talent, in particular their running game, surrounding Burris (who himself is talented, just has no balls) and that will carry them to homefield advantage in the playoffs, but it will be all for not.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No way the Stamps beat the Lions for first in the West.

And Hamilton will nudge out the Bombers for the last spot in the East. And then upset Toronto in the semis.

[​IMG]

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

"In fact, I know a lot more about farming than you think I know"

"Ok then, how can you affoard to plough under your major crop?"

"What's a crop?"

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

BC beats the Argos (poor babies) 24-22 in the league opener but Toronto's Bashir Levingston set a CFL record when he returned a missed punt 129 yards in the first half.

He hit his 30 yard line and he was gone. Man, was he fast.

Kind of a sparse crowd. 30,000 maybe.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Go on and roar you Lions, roar!

And Ti-Cats suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted