1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official all-purpose CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's what it was. Got a little mixed up there.

I like Buck Pierce (he certainly is better than Kevin Glenn), but outside of Winnipeg, I'm not sure who he would be starting over. It's still Dickenson's team.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I agree that it is still Dickensons team but there is a reason they are paying Pierce starters money to back up(200000 per).
    Off the top of my head he starts in Winnipeg, Toronto and Saskatchewan. I'm not big on Kerry Joseph.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Does the Montreal team get to wear some Baltimore CFL Colts Stallions jerseys on retro day?

And watch out for Bruce Perry. If the guy stays healthy he's every bit as dangerous as Mike Pringle or Pinball Clemmons ever were.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

My Guess is the Als will probably use something from the 70s, their glory years.
    Likely something along the lines of this

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This should be an interesting year.

Years after they embarrassed the league with crappy ticket sales hosting their last Grey Cup, Toronto has it this year.

The other big draw of course is that from now on the Vanier Cup will be the same weekend as the Grey Cup.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Season kicks off tonight with BC in Toronto and Winnipeg in Edmonton. I think both home teams get off to a good start with 'Ws'

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Nope, I'm an idiot. It starts tomorrow night. I can't wait.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The wife and I lived in Edmonton for three years. We've ALWAYS been CFL fans. I've ALWAYS been an Esks fan.

We went to a lot of games in the City of Champions. In fact, one season, the wife never missed a game, preseason included.

Anyway, tickets were reasonable.

I'm off tomorrow, she's done work at 5 p.m. so we were considering the Argos game - until I saw the ticket prices. This is ridiculous. I could go to a Bills game for as much as an Argos game.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is Damon Allen starting in TO tomorrow night?

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Yes he is. And I heard Pinball say another quarterback will also play no matter what the score.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Have they resigned Mookie yet?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't sell the Ticats short.

Maas has come back from major shoulder surgery. They've got a new #2 QB in Tommy Chang and Thyrone Anderson should be a good complement to Jesse Lumsden.

Oskeeweee, baby. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted