1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2014 Secret Santa thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Nov 1, 2014.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Cross me off the list, SS. My gift is in the mail today, heading to a much colder clime.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Have my gift all packaged up, but the line was 25 people deep at the post office today and I had 15 minutes to get through it. It'll go out priority mail tomorrow though.

3. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Let the public shaming commence. I have not heard from Simon or Writing Waffle to confirm the status of their packages. Everyone else has at least checked in, with three people (JayFarrar, Rosie and Smash Williams) needing to follow up to let me know the packages are actually in the mail.

cranberry likes this.
  4. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Mine went in the mail today with an expected delivery date of Saturday. I have a tracking number and everything.

5. Just responded! Sending mine out tomorrow — moving has been a major pain in my ass.
    Sorry for the delay!

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

USPS tracking says my gift has been delivered. Go, USPS!

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

USPS is the best (cheapest) way to ship.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I got my second gift in the mail today, a book about NASCAR by Jeff MacGregor. I wasn't a big NASCAR fan when this came out in -- IIRC -- 2005, but I'll dive into it when I get the chance.

At this rate, I'm thinking I'll check the mail and find another gift Friday. :D

Thanks, SS!

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You rule man!

Super cool gift. Thank you!!!

10. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

With Simon's assurance that his package is in the mail, we have, believe it or not, a 100 percent shipping rate with a week to spare! That's assuming, of course, that JayFarrar and Rosie have mailed.

If you have received your package but haven't let me or the board at large know, it'd be great if you could post something here or send me a note.

I'm pretty floored at how smoothly everything has gone. Thanks to all!!

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Apparently nobody wants to cross Santa at Christmas time.

Draft saved Draft deleted