1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2014 Secret Santa thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Nov 1, 2014.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

What timing! Not only did I get my Secret Santa gifts purchased today (very early for a "deadline" guy like myself), but this afternoon, a package arrived from Florida from a Secret Santa who obviously is a very organized person.

I won't open my gift until I put mine in the mail on Monday, but a package arriving on Dec. 6? Very impressive!

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I have half of my gift purchased and am pondering the other half. Should purchase it tomorrow and have it ready to ship in the next week or so. Which is my slow but usual speed for this procrastinator.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thank you, Rico the Redneck for the bounty of Peach State okra chips and chocolate-covered pecans, and the Sweetwater Brewing Co. 420 road sign -- love it!

During my Iowa City days I wore a Delta State Fightin' Okra t-shirt. Wish I had it to wear when I bust into these okra chips.

Many Thanks for your thoughtfulness! Love that the gifts are deep-southern.

Happy Holidays!

(For those who want a close-up of the gifts, click the photo.)

[​IMG]

4. Glad you liked everything, Songbird.

I nearly mailed you a bottle of Sweetwater 420 until I realized it was going to cost me about $10 extra to ship a $1.50 beer!

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wrong thread, dammit.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Shipped my gift today. It should work its way from the Northwest to the East Coast within the next week.

AND ... thank you to my Secret Santa, who sent a great package of gifts my way from south Florida! T-shirts, citrus-flavored jelly and a jar of coconut butter.

As a toast-for-breakfast guy, I'll have no problem using the jelly. And I'm not a baking expert, but I'm married to one who thinks the coconut butter could make a good cake frosting.

Thank you for the very nice (and early!) gifts.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

My gift shall be shipped this weekend. Got mine today, and, wow. Secret Santa scored 1,000 on a scale of 1-10. Thanks, SS.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sent my gift out yesterday. Ho Ho Ho

9. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Love the updates. Hoping to see more very soon. With two weeks to Christmas, it's time for everyone to get serious about shipping. If you've already mailed your package but haven't let me know, please do so. I'll be contacting individual posters in the next couple of days to gauge where everyone is.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just ordered my stuff and it should be on the way tomorrow or Friday.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Mine is usually out by now. I've been a Bad Santa but will have everything shipped by Monday.

So I say. We'll see what really happens.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Vombatus has shipped! A merry ho ho ho of perverted surprising stuff is on its way!

Draft saved Draft deleted