1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Officer I AM Bob Dylan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 14, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully this isn't a d_b as a search turned up no results for it...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8331830&page=1

The story is two pages long, but here's paragraphs 2-5:

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

It's alright, Ma (I'm only leasing)

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd say the officer did everything right, given that he had no ID when she approached him and apparently looked even more unkempt than usual. Also keep in mind we're talking about a guy who can be so unrecognizable at times that he was once denied the right to go backstage - at his own concert.

"I asked him what his name was and he said, 'Bob Dylan,' Buble said. "Now, I've seen pictures of Bob Dylan from a long time ago and he didn't look like Bob Dylan to me at all. He was wearing black sweatpants tucked into black rain boots, and two raincoats with the hood pulled down over his head.

"So I said, 'OK Bob, what are you doing in Long Branch?' He said he was touring the country with Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp. So now I'm really a little fishy about his story. I did not know what to believe or where he was coming from, or even who he was.

"We see a lot of people on our beat, and I wasn't sure if he came from one of our hospitals or something," Buble said.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He was tangled up in blue.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Irony that a Buble didn't recognize Dylan?

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

He's just a lonesome sweatpants-loving hobo.

7. Looking for a Rainy Day Woman.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Stuck Inside Of Long Branch With The Memphis Blues Again.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

this is a good story. pompous race baiter gates can learn something from dylan.
    and tough guy crowley also can learn something from these young cops, even if
    they should be ashamed to not know who dylan is.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

She knew who Dylan was and what he apparently is supposed to look like. She didn't recognize him in this instance. Big difference.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i guess i totally misread or it was a headline. i thought it said they didn't know who he was until he explained he was a singer and was on tour.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

He was looking for Desolation Row on Highway 61

Draft saved Draft deleted