1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Office gifts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PHINJ, Dec 21, 2007.

1. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Any ideas on small (not expensive) gifts appropriate for a handful of co-workers?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A Comet bomb. [/sportschick]

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

A steaming cup of shut the fuck up when an annoying cell phone ring pierces the 5 p.m. air.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Lottery tickets! Someone here said recently they bought one for a boss and it won about $200.

5. Our sports editor bought all the golfers in the department a box of Nike Mojo balls. Can't remember what he got everyone else.

Lottery tickets are a good idea, too.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

An evening at some pottery firing place ...

or not.
    That's what you get when you're a 20-something working with a bunch of 50-plus women.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

I give everyone a small bag of home-baked cookies.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Our receptionist gave everyone some homemade chocolate covered pretzels today. She's only been here a few months, and she's Jewish too, but what a sweetheart! Of course, I've been quoting Jason Lee all damn day now in my head.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mrs. tbf made some homemade chocolate goodies.

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I give co-workers I hate copies of Employment Times. They're free and if I'm lucky the hated co-worker will find employment elsewhere.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Last year, I had my candymonger do some nice boxes for everyone in my department. It was $200 and Mrs. MMSW said never again.

This year, I took my little four-man sub-department for dinner. It was $310 and Mrs. MMSW is not to know about it.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Subscriptions to the Jelly of the Month Club.

Draft saved Draft deleted