1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Office affairs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Mar 2, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

"Friends with benefits" is great if neither party wants anything more substantial.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Which is exceedingly rare.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, we copy editors know how to party. :cool:

4. RecoveringJournalist

Right. I had three instances of this. The first was in college, where I was more into her than she was into me, but I just kept my mouth shut.
    The second was the work deal. We had zero conflicts. I'm still stunned by that.
    The third one was years later where everything was spelled out and then she started inviting me to family events.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Apparently she also had a neighbor who would do her top shelf as well. There were going to be issues but the whole thing was sorted out by HR in an afternoon.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's one on-the-ball HR department.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Chief photographer fooled around with incompetent stringer while his wife was pregnant.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

In that setting, it means wiping your friend's ass when they have a mishap.

spikechiquet likes this.
  9. RecoveringJournalist

One of my friends told me his grandfather was put into a home for the last 18 months of his life. At one point, my friend was visiting him and he said, "I married your grandmother when I was 19, right before I left for WWII. She was the only woman I loved and the only woman I had ever been with. In the last year, I've been with nine women."

My friend just about choked.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I have heard that STDs in nursing homes are an actual problem.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

My father-in-law spent a couple of years in assisted living. There were 10 men and 60 women. He wasn't interested, but told us one of the guys had a goal of nailing all 60.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've heard and read this too. But if someday I'm a widower running out the clock in a rest home , I'm thinking it might be worth living with the clap for the last few years.

Draft saved Draft deleted