1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Of the 11 BCS unbeatens, which one has the best chance of running the table?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Oct 10, 2007.

?

Pretty self-explanatory. Which team finishes the season with an unbeaten record?

1. No. 1 LSU (6-0)

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. No. 2 Cal (5-0)

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. No. 3 Ohio State (6-0)

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  4. No. 4 Boston College (6-0)

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. No. 5 South Florida (5-0)

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. No. 11 Missouri (5-0)

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. No. 14 Arizona State (6-0)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No. 15 Cincinnati (6-0)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No. 16 Hawaii (6-0)

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  10. No. 20 Kansas (5-0)

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  11. Connecticut (5-0)

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Because I have far too much free time, earlier today I thought about which teams would play for the mythical National Championship. And this year, maybe more than any other, might provide a real argument for a playoff if one (or more) of the Unbeaten Six don't play in the BCS title game.

Since I am an evil person who would enjoy the BCS being exposed as the fraud it is, I would love to see Hawaii-South Florida in New Orleans come January 7, 2008.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Probably Hawaii. But it still shouldn't sniff a BCS game.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You won't see Hawaii-USF, but I do think that Hawaii has the best chance of running the table.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hawaii will have the same argument that Boise State had last year. They're a D-1 BCS team that finished unbeaten. Why shouldn't they play for a National Championship?

Do I think the Warriors could hang with LSU, Cal, Ohio State or South Florida? No way.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because they haven't played anyone, and have struggled to beat some of the cupcakes they have played.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I picked Hawaii but I'd love to see USF-Missouri in New Orleans.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree. But if they finish unbeaten, there will be people that argue for their inclusion in the BCS title game, especially if there are one-loss teams in the game.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think Boston College is an excellent FB team, and has a very winnable rest of schedule.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Take them off the island and Hawaii would get stomped by just about every other team on that list. The Warriors don't play much defense. Boise was much more worthy of a BCS shot a year ago than Hawaii would be this year.

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

It was an insipid argument last year, and will be even more so this year if it is made on Hawaii's behalf.

11. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I don't know how insipid it was when Boise State beat the Big XII champion. I'm not convinced Boise State would have lost to Ohio State. Though I do agree UH has done absolutely nothing to warrant BCS bowl consideration.

12. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Sorry, it was a great game, but a win on a gimmick play against a good but not great Oklahoma doesn't sell me on Boise State. Until the smurf turf guys can beat anyone from a BCS school on the road, they can not seriously be considered as a contender to be one of the best two teams in the country. They had a chance again this year, and they failed again.

Draft saved Draft deleted