1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Of course it's Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Alright, who's turn is it to take out the trash? Bear, you're up!

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's just a wonder the guy never got flung to his death.

3. Spartan Squad

I started to ask would they still be laughing that hard if he fell off the truck on the freeway but it just came off too harshly.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Really fun weekend for the Mrs - who works in the comms department for that trucking company’s parent org.

5. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Former governor Rick Scott pays $77 million for Deloitte to design the state’s unemployment website that, by all accounts, has been atrocious. Current governor Ron DeSantis is apparently now ready to OK a plan to award a $110 million contract to update its Medicaid program. The lucky vendor? Deloitte.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My senior year of high school, a friend and I pounded down a 12-pack before school. We were on a gravel road, and when it was time to go to school, my buddy jumped on the hood. I took off and was going about 60 mph while he hung on. I finally stopped, and he exited the hood for the (relative) safety of the car interior. Second period was interesting.

Word got around, and a few days later some sophomores got drunk before school. One of them puked in a classroom.

Spartan Squad and maumann like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

When I was in high school (grad 1974) it wasn't uncommon for a bunch of the freaks to meet up on a woods road before school and burn a couple of joints. I remember the day that one of the biggest stoners in my senior class literally stumbled into homeroom. He moved like he was drunk, but it was all weed. He had smoked eighteen (!) joints before school. He actually made it to first period before he got sent home. SMH.

maumann likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Had a high school acquaintance who got dumped. He and his buddy decided the best way to deal with this was to get plastered. At school. They loaded up their backpacks with bottles of booze and spent the rest of the day getting loaded. Of course the got caught. I think it was before lunch. One of my buddies said they smelled like a brewery by the time they got caught.

maumann likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you’re gonna get drunk at school, try Everclear.

At least, somebody told me that once.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

He’s a cold-hearted snake
    Look into his eyes
    Uh-oh
    He’s inside your dryer

11. 2muchcoffeeman

And a bonus …

Not sure what’s happening with Arkansas or South Carolina there, either.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    maumann and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Found it.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted