1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Of All The Sad Things That Have Happened at Yankee Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think Hank should make Joba pitch as a starter, but also make him sell beer in the stands when the Yankees are batting. That will build up his arm strength, and it will allow the Yankees the maximum return on their investment. Plus, if he falters, Boom can slip Joba a syringe of Havanabol to help him out when Joba hands him two Heinekens in exchange for $24.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

blow his arm out? throwing 62 pitches?

the babying of today's pitchers makes david cone giggle.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is David Cone the new Chuck Norris?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My fear is that the treatment of Joba is a major sign of panic from the Yankees. He essentially is having his role changed on the fly. If starting doesn't work, will they shuffle him back to the pen this season? I'm concerned that his arm (and his head) won't be able to take the changes.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Panic? Schickelgruber? Can't be!

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The fact is that the Yankees are a transitional team right now. They have much bigger issues than whether or not Joba is a starter, beginning with how to ease the shortstop into a different position when third base is already taken.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Problem is, it's tough to be a transitional team when you are in the final year of an historic stadium and you are charging people hundreds of dollars per ticket per game (soon to be thousands of dollars next year).

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not really. Transitional for the Yankees only means that it will be more difficult to reach the postseason. It's not like they won't remain competitive and it's not like they'll be playing in front of empty seats at the new Stadium.

9. Not for nothing but do you think before you post? I mean how does this post add anything to the discussion? Just saying but posts like this make you look like a moron who never has anything positive to add to any conversation.

If I hadn't seen your posting style for these past several months I might have given you credit for sneaking in a quote from the Exorcist but I know you aren't that smart.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Was this an intra-squad game?

Oh, no, they were playing the Jays.

Richard Giffin in the Star:

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Baseball/article/436561

The way the Yankees do things, there's usually a subplot and sometimes a dumb one. This time, as with most times, it involves the Red Sox, the only other team anybody around here ever cares about, which is one reason clubs like the Blue Jays, the guinea pigs for this experiment, love to arrive and stick it to them.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Just had to stop in and say that is one inspired thread title.

Thank you very much.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

They've been telling anyone who will listen that they were planning to do this all year. The Twins did the same thing with Santana - it's not revolutionary. The only difference from the plan is that he's stretching out in NY instead of Scranton because they ran out of SPs.

Draft saved Draft deleted