1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

obviously i'll have something to say about this...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two observations:

1. The image I had trouble getting past was that of Whitlock's sweaty armpits. I don't think Whitlock's armpits started to get sweaty because he was nervous about what Stringer was going to say. I think Whitlock's armpits started getting sweaty because - well because Whitlock is not a thin man. His armpits probably would get sweaty in a refrigerated beef boxcar.

2. I would much rather listen to and I much more respect Whitlock's views on race than Sharpton, Jackson or any of the other people who pose as the protectors of black America.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Because, Alley, as we all know it's ALWAYS about Jason.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow. Do you really have to have it explained to you?

Why not just start the freaking thread AFTER you've actually come up with something to say. Because so far, you haven't actually said anything.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Because that's not what attention whores do, Alley

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My guess is a hell of a lot more people knew of him than knew of her before all this.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Her comment had nothing to do with the ratio of her fame to his.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There is not a single foreign player in the NBA who is an African-American, even if he's black.

8. Why do people think "Syriana" was hard to follow?

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

It wasn't hard to follow.
    It was just crappy.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Apparently, the B story with "Venom" felt tacked on.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Why so? His surface level columns have talk show appeal, having little depth or insight. At least with the two retreads you mentioned, there's some semblence of political discourse, something Whitlock himself says he's allergic to.

To me, it's all about Whitlock dialogue making you much more comfortable than notables or others with 10 times the knowledge Whitlock is equipped with, not whats better for black america in general.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I just can't get my arms around the fact that Whitlock played line in college, the ultimate anonymous position in football.

But now he's got the ball, and he won't give it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.