1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 27, 2022.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Darth Revan has entered the chat.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So, 6 hours from the last episode dropping, let's take some shots at plot twists and surprise appearances:

1, Qui-Gon Jinn: They made a point during the opening sequences of the series to replay the ROTS conversation in which Yoda describes in some detail the process for Obi-Wan to connect with Qui-Gon. If QGJ doesn't appear at least as a Force voice conversing with Obi-Wan, that whole passage was a waste.

2, Emperor Sheev Palpatine: There needs to be some illustration of Vader losing (to some extent) his privileged status and Palpy bringing him to heel. Palpy has to be getting irritated if Vader's personal vendetta with Obi-Wan is interfering with his official Empire ass kicking.

3. Yoda: I think only by hologram or Force vision.

4. Some connection to Rogue One. I think we'll see a quick walk through by Director Krennec, or maybe Galen Urso as a scuffling subservient worker.

5. Return to Tattooine: Teased at the end of the previous episode. I think the big twist will be that Reva knows everything about the twins -- but never reveals it.

6. R2-D2 and C-3P0. I think they're in the service of Capt. Antilles of Bail Organa's staff, so we'll probably get a glimpse of them when Leia goes back to Alderaan.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Starman

Future sequel/spinoff series:

1. Kenobi: The Jundland Wastes. Set about five years ahead of the current series. Focuses mainly on Obi-Wan protecting Luke from local dangers. Probably no direct appearance by Vader.

2. House Organa. Set about 6-7 years ahead of the current series when Leia becomes a senator and diplomat. Also prominently features Bail and Breha Organa as well as interactions between Leia and another young senator, Pooja Naberrie of Naboo, who become amazingly close friends.

Also features Leia organizing clandestine meetings with Jedi leaders such as Saw Guerra.

There WILL be some direct interactions between Leia and Vader (as a leading figure of the Empire). It is obvious in A New Hope they have met before.
    At some point Vader has to shake off "unusual Force sensations" he feels from Leia; he's got to realize she has some Force abilities but no clue where they came from.
    Maybe a scene where Vader sees a picture or hologram of Leia and Pooja together, and he just shakes it off: "Naaaahh ... couldn't be."

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

R2-D2 and C-3PO appeared in the first episode during the event on Alderaan, though they weren't named and they weren't on screen together.

I agree with your first point. Qui-Gonn Jinn should at least be part of the final episode as a voice, if not a full-on force ghost. I don't think we see Yoda at all, but the others make sense.

5. Starman

Remember, Palpatine is playing the long game in all of this: he foresees much of it. He might well know that Anakin fathered twins, and figure it is better for his own (Palpy's) long-term purposes that Vader discover this in his own leisurely time frame, so he'll deal with and confront the twins separately and in sequence, not together as a united force.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. outofplace

I think it is more likely he is hoping he can use one or both of the twins, perhaps as Vader's replacement. If he only sees them as potential threats, better to take them out as children. We certainly know that neither Palpatine nor Vader has any problem murdering children.

7. Starman

I knew it.

Oh, I knew that too.

And that too. And oh yeah, that.

OH, AND THAT.

Ohhhh .... Uncredited. Cute.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Never thought of this before but concievably couldn’t Obi Wan use the force to break, clog or otherwise turn off Vader’s breathing apparatus and just kill him that way

John and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. outofplace

There is what is mostly a fan theory that explains why Force users don't more directly use their abilities on one another in ways like that. I don't know that it is official canon, but supposedly a trained Jedi or Sith can project a layer or bubble of protection around themselves to stop such things. Reva was too conflicted to do it. That was why one reason Vader was able to toss her around the way he did. Also, he's just a hell of a lot more powerful with much better training.

There weren't a ton of surprises, but I thought it was an enjoyable final episode. It certainly seems like there is room for a second season.

Give the creators of the show credit for one thing. The action sequences were very good, especially given the story-driven limitations on who they could maim or kill.

10. Starman

I think part of the point is that Obi-Wan can't go the final step to killing Vader.

Also, Obi-Wan saw Darth Vader in his suit for the first time a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't really know what his condition is or how long he can live outside the suit (or with the suit compromised). I doubt the Empire is issuing medical reports on Darth Vader's condition.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Starman

"Goodbye, Darth."

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

this was a nice way to explain the seeming absurdity of Obi Wan calling him Darth in A New Hope

Draft saved Draft deleted