1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oberlin is more insufferable than Mizzou

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Dec 23, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You don't even want to know what kind of hell those administrators will face at cocktail hour during the National Association Of Administrating Administrators convention.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Entitled and uppity are no ways to go through life, son.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Especially one freshly minted Ph.D. Whomever wrote this manifesto couldn't even spell her name right.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

What a dreadful life these poor children live. Being forced to pay to attend a college that doesn't make good General Tso's.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

At least we got something from Oberlin that doesn't mention that Leon Durham woman.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She did have some good seasons with the Cubs, didn't she?

dixiehack and jr/shotglass like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When they say they DEMAND courses in Igbo, I presume they mean the language spoken by 25 million Nigerians rather than the International Gay Bowling League, which really is the first hit I got on a Google search for Igbo.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You know, I look through the faculty directory at Oberlin and, in looking at some of the departments, I think to myself ... "This is some elite place? What a bunch of dipshits."

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Igbo has the best balls

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Frankly, given the debtload students are taking on and the things colleges are spending money on (bigger scoreboards, multiple uniform combinations, bowl trips for 5-7 teams) - I don't think the demands are all that ridiculous.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is there any more annoying new academia PC buzzword than the "safe space" bullshit?

Hipster college kid-dom might as well learn now that there's no goddamn such thing in life, other than perhaps your home, and even then only temporarily, and only if your mortgage and utilities are paid, and your doors locked. Whoever is the detached-from-reality prof who came up with the safe-space mularkey deserves to get kicked in the face reality-style.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Maybe they should request -- sorry, DEMAND!!! -- better geographical education so they don't include Africa in "the Americas."

Draft saved Draft deleted