1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's Spotify playlist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well played.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes, exactrly. The president is our god damn employee 60/60/24/7/365 as long as he is in office.

He shouldn't have time to fuck around listening to music, holding dumbass celebration ceremonies at the White House, or filling out NCAA brackets.

You wanna do all that fun stuff, don't run for president. Otherwise get your ass to work. If your highly qualified staff can't come up with shit to keep you busy 18 hours of every day, fire them and get somebody who can.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Manna from heaven.

Just one point, isn't it good for the president to at least have his pulse on what is going on with the country from a cultural standpoint as well as a political one?

I will grant that the list might very well be total PR-motivated nonsense, but I'd rather have a president who is at least theoretically open and aware of the cultural bric-a-bric that his constituents enjoy/absorb.

It just goes too far to want a technocrat who knows nothing of the people he is ruling. That's a recipe for far worse disconnect than we perceive to have right now.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Starman wants the President to work around the clock, not even pausing for a cup of rotten rice.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If you wanted to pee, you shouldn't have run for President.

I WANT MY COUNTREE BACK

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why this is so unbelievable. Zac Brown Band strikes me as exactly the the kind of thing he would listen to in the background while doing other shit. Wouldn't surprise me at all if his daughters knew the lyrics to "Whatever It Is." If you were trying to seem like you were down with "real Amurica" you're not going to win a single vote with Zac Brown Band.

Wilco, I call bullshit on. I believe that pick is 1,000 times more political than Zac Brown band. (Dierks Bentley too.) I would wager the Chief of Staff (or whomever was in charge of this list) likes Jeff Tweedy's politics a great deal, but I don't believe for a second Obama is jamming to Being There.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think there are too many people in this world who couldn't benefit from listening to music or an audio book or a podcast for an hour a day.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Starman just listens to the voices in his head. His iMad.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I want to believe you're tongue-in-cheeking us, but I have this troubling feeling that you aren't.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, it's not an act. He's batshit crazy.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

We're forgetting about Michelle. "You've Got the Love" sounds gospel enough to be on hers.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I know what's NOT on her playlist...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted