1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's speech - tremendous

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 18, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, he did actually have a handful of capable people . . . until they told him things he did not want to hear. Then he ignored them and/or got rid of them.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, there were the killer B's---Bremer and Brown.

One was the Iraq screw-up, the other the domestic one.

3. You're right.
    My bad.
    Paul O'Neill just landed on my lawn.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

McCain does NOT have a clue on the economy. Not one fucking bit.

5. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

As soon as you guys find the moral president who knows absolutely everything about everything, you let me know. I'll vote for him.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Such a person would not be stupid enough to run for president.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I don't need perfection. But the economy is kind of, you know, important.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

What does "moral president" mean? I would wager that each of three candidates up are fairly moral.

As for their knowledge, I don't believe anyone knows everything. I do know, however, that McCain knows dick about the economy. This is fairly dangerous to me since I believe that some basic knowledge about the economy should be necessary in so far as it will enable the hiring of a qualified individual instead of someone crazy.

9. But! ... But! ... He's someone you would want to have a beer with!

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hmm...which one is going to have the greater impact on me?

Moral president?
    President who can get the economy on track?

Moral president?
    President who will use the military, and foreign policy, with responsibility?

Moral president?
    President who can reign in spending in areas where we clearly waste too much?

Moral president?
    President who will actually try to do something good about health care?

11. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Whoa there, horsies. In no way was that post supposed to suggest that any of the candidates were or weren't moral. But if we're talking about the perfect candidate, I'd like morality to be part of it.
    If any of you have a problem with that, this country is more fucked up than it seems.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

GWB ran in part on a campaign of morality and not getting "serviced" by interns in the White House. So, from that perspective, yes, I guess moralism is important. But if you don't have the other pieces, what's the point?

I don't got no money, I don't got no friends, I gots me plenty of enemies. And dangit, I've got me some morals, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted