1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's Brother in Kenya Says He Was Raised Muslim

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Be blinded by your political leanings if you must. Mustang's post hit it on the head. If it is such a meaningless issue, why would he lie about it? And if he'd lie about meaningless issues over legitimate religious affiliations, what would he do with "significant" issues?

Welcome to the Liar's Club of D.C., Barack.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Are you aware that what is stated in the title of the thread didn't actually happen?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shhh, truth isn't important to some people. Not when there are photos of Obama in "Muslim" clothing!!!

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

What's he lying about?

Obama's mother had a thing for ethnic guys. She agreed to marry someone she barely knew, who dragged her to Indonesia. That segment of his life is barely in his memory, by the way. She hated it over there and after a couple of years sent Barack to live with his grandparents. They raised him in Honolulu.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It would be an issue if he lied, but there is no legitimate evidence that he has done so, no matter how much bullshit people like you and Deeper_Background throw at the wall in the vain hope that it will stick.

And I write that even though I have serious enough questions in my own mind about Obama that I really don't know who I am going to vote for at this point.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So Barack's a liar because you proclaim him so, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary?

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I'm thinking a replay of the Harold Ford US Senate race 'superbowl party' ad which was quite effective and turned around the polls something like 15% in the final election days.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was a long time ago. He barely remembers going to terrorist boot camp. :D

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Barack Obama throws a billion Muslims under the bus
    By Online Monday, June 16, 2008

As noted here yesterday, Barack Obama’s half-brother Malik says that the candidate has a “Muslim background.”

Barack Obama himself, however, says he doesn’t.

This is question of his honesty, but it also raises another question: by all this increasingly implausible denial that he was ever identified as a Muslim, Barack Obama is implying what he would almost certainly strenuously deny if asked directly. He is implying that there is something wrong, something that would raise questions about one’s loyalties, about being a Muslim. He is implying that people would have legitimate concerns about a Muslim President of the United States.

His followers have tried to get around this by saying, “Barack Obama is not a Muslim—not that there’s anything wrong with that except in the eyes of crazed right-wingers.” In line with that, Obama himself might reply, if cornered, that no, he doesn’t think those concerns are legitimate, but was only recognizing that a significant percentage of the American electorate thinks them legitimate. But that is precisely the portion of the American electorate for which he and his supporters have the most contempt.

So in other words, he is either pandering to what he and his supporters would almost certainly identify as “racism,” or he is tacitly acknowledging that Islam’s political and societal program makes it a threat to American Constitutionalism. Is there another choice that I am missing? And to do whichever one of these he is doing, he is lying.

And this man could be our next President of the United States.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3514

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Someone from "canadafreepress" saying "our next President"?

Nice one, Douche_Bag.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and if I piss off the powers that be, I'm sorry, but it's the way I feel.

Why is this person allowed to post here?

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain this to me --

What difference does it make if he is a muslim?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.