1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Oct 9, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It looks like one of those commemmorative footballs given to him by a championship team or some such. But no, he's not just going to put it on a shelf as some kind of museum piece, he's going to put it in play and make it work for the American people.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess Oprah stopped off in Norway on the way back from Copenhagen.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Hillary deserved a share.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The last five winners have been a Frenchman; an Iranian-born, Zimbabwe-reared, 60-year resident of the United Kingdom; a Turk; an Englishman; and an Austrian.

This is the first Eastern European winner since 1996.

But don't let that stop you from claiming an anti-American bias because an American doesn't win every other year, or because this year's winner's works aren't available in English.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweden?

Forget it, he's rolling.

6. bevo

bevo Member

Obama deserves this award. After all, won't his health care death panels bring the ultimate peace?

RIP

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Take THAT, Arizona State !

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

22nd at best; so far, it's like ranking South Florida...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

She still might get it! It's not over yet! The committee could still decide to rewrite the rules, rescind the vote, and give it to her!

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You've spent the entire new millenium in a cave? Remarkable. You should write a book.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's the first thing I thought when I heard about it this morning.

Actually, that's not true. The first thing I thought was, "this has to be some kind of fucking joke, right?"

EDIT TO ADD: I'd also like to know who the fuck nominated him just two weeks after he was inaugurated. He had to know he was up for the award, right?

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

It's too soon, IMHO, but I am enjoying watching the reaction today. It's like being in the front row of a Gallagher concert, watching righties' heads explode. Anyone know of a product that takes out grey matter stains?

Draft saved Draft deleted