1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama skips major papers: No NYT, WaPo, WSJ, USA Today

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Really, man? It's one presser. Not a huge deal.

I'm with Buck....I like that he's opening it up to more than just the regulars.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought the major was a lady.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm pretty sure the idiot fringe has a Washington Monument-sized erection over the MSM getting shut out.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

If there was going to be Q 14, Jeff Gannon was on deck.

o-<

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Bullshit, the motherfucker is piling on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think the answers to the questions and not who was asking them is a lot more important.

That said, I think Chuck Todd would have not stammered so much if his mother was holding his hand. That was painful.

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

His not going to the major papers is definitely intentional. Press conferences like last night's are extremely choreographed.
    His popularlity is based on his persona at this point and the admin is going out of its way to keep him front and centre - Leno, 60 minutes, etc.
    Strategically, the admin wants to lead the agenda, rather than letting the "Beltway" media do it and having to react.
    Agree or not with the policies, from a political strategy point of view, its smart

9. The substance of his question was more painful.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

To think the shoddy reporting of Politico gets preference over WaPo at a presidential presser -- sickening.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He's an utter embarrassment.

Has beastiality photos of Zucker.

12. EE94

EE94 Guest

Interesting video on NYTimes about the "behind the scenes" of a presidential news conference, including who gets chosen to ask questions.
    The reporter at the end of the video is clearly shocked at being picked

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/bcvideo/1.0/iframe/bcArtIframe.html?z=0&videoId=1194838888978

Draft saved Draft deleted