1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama skewers Trump, gets skewered himself at White House Correspondent's Dinner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EagleMorph, May 1, 2011.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not that "it was inappropriate" was ever a logical argument, but it looks even dumber now, doesn't it?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As I read last night, he could have ended the speech last night with:

This is a time for serious people, Donald, and your fifteen minutes are up. My name is Barack Obama and I am the President.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, "The American President" was on TV last night.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Too bad it wasn't the live finale:

Trump: "My investigators can't believe what they're finding."

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Since it's a live finale - I really hope whomever is "hired" says "No Thanks - I'm going to work for Obama 2012!"

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not an Obama fan.

But I fucking hate Donald Trump.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The guy is a comic book character. I have a hard time believing he is even a human being.

That's the only politician I feel that way about, ever.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd agree with that.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I just watched the videos of Obama and Meyers. Real funny. Meyers made some good cracks.

10. Even Franken would admit he was less an actor and more a writer. And he's a great comedy writer

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Anything they may have discovered would pale in comparison to what Obama's investigators were finding.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

CSPAN re-ran some of the past WHCDs ahead of the Meyers. Franken was damn funny, going over a list of approved and unapproved topics given to him by the WHCA after Don Imus opened up on the Clintons, Whitewater and Lewinsky at a previous dinner.
    "Apparently Mr. President, the WHCA thinks there is humor to be found in your love of food."

Draft saved Draft deleted