1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama skewers Trump, gets skewered himself at White House Correspondent's Dinner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EagleMorph, May 1, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I always love the across-the-pond media view events of this sort. Here is a good write-up for anyone who missed it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8486614/Barack-Obama-takes-revenge-on-Donald-Trump-in-White-House-speech.html

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Either Moddy is really short or Teh Punto is standing on a box...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Meanwhile, let Trump's bitching and moaning commence:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/01/trump-finds-white-house-dinner-%E2%80%98inappropriate%E2%80%99/

“I really knew what I was getting into last night. I had no idea it would be to that extent where, you know just joke after joke after joke,” the mogul said. “It was almost like, is there anyone else they can talk about?”

He also found the event “inappropriate in certain respects” and spent the evening thinking about how “the American people are really suffering and we’re all having a good time.”

What a whiny little bitch.

To borrow a phrase from John McClain: "Welcome to the party, pal!"

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I've never been more jealous.

Was Trump really there? Supposedly he was at the Washington Post table -- poor folks -- but it appeared they plopped a statue that looked like Trump in one of the chairs. He never moved, not even a hair. I think he needs to prove that was really him.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I would never have my picture taken with Jon Hamm, if only because I would look like a hideous troll in comparison.

Oh, and Seth Meyers the worst cast member in SNL history? No, you would have to go back and erase Will Forte and Horatio Sanz from the history files for that to even be possible.

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Right. Did he have a problem with Bush cracking jokes at the dinner in 2002, after 9/11? Or what about Bush at the dinner in 2003, barely a month after we invaded Iraq? Jokes were cracked, a good time was had ... and it made no difference to those who were suffering.

I'm convinced Trump is merely trying to drum up viewers for his silly celebrity show, but if he ever were to run for any office, his lack of humor will do him in.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Even though I used teh googles, I still don't know who the hell Jon Hamm is. Well, I know now he is an actor, but have never seen anything he is in barring maybe that episode of The Unit on his credits list.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd say The Donald needs to learn how to let his hair down now and then, but, well ...

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He's the lead on "Mad Men". If you haven't watched it, start now.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Worst SNL cast member? Denny Dillon, Charles Rocket and the cross-dressing Sweeney guy would like to have a word

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Let's see the parking validation!

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Trump looked like he was wearing one of those modern bicycle helmets that you see in the Tour de France nowadays.

Draft saved Draft deleted