1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama not so squeeky clean

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ah, the beauty of sarcasm ZINGGGGING over someone else's head.

2. Oh, you trusting soul
    Please see "Whitewater" for what can happen with money-losing investments when ambitious NYT reporters get a hold of them.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's not like he's in bed with the Saudis.

No elected official should have financial dealings with the Saudis.

Oh wait.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And if Obama is nothing but a Clinton wannabe, I'd rather have the actual thing -- you know the one with experience.

That being said, I'll stick by Bill Richardson until the dogs come home.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If he's too stupid to make money with inside information then I'd have to question his overall intelligence

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He is better than you.

Doesn't mean he is perfect.

So quit making "perfect" the standard.

He's just a human being who, it appears, is better than the dozen or so other human beings running for president.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

"Senate ethics rules do not prohibit lawmakers from owning stocks in companies that do business with the federal government."

8. Hack --
    I'm with you on Richardson, although the man has got to start getting traction somewhere.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

So Obama secretly funded the attack on John Kerry so that Kerry would lose, knowing that Bush would screw up and make him (Obama) look like a better candidate four years later.

Well played, Obama. Well played.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

This kind of thing happens on the Supreme Court a lot. If I'm recalling this correctly, a justice in the Curt Flood decision abstained from the vote because he owned stock in Anheuser-Busch. But not before sitting in the discussions on the decision and swaying some justices to baseball's side, which hacked off Flood and his lawyers, along with Marvin Miller (I think).

Sandra Day O'Connor abstained quite a bit during her day, if I'm getting this correct, because her portfolio was so large and diverse.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How so?

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Actually, it seems like his campaign is in traction. :D

Seriously, perhaps you and I should be the ones to help kickstart the Richardson campaign

Draft saved Draft deleted