1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Job Speech to Congress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 9, 2011.

1. The biggest thing stopping small business from adding jobs today is the costs and uncertainty of Obamacare. He could have said that he is giving waivers to all 50 states on Obamacare and the unemployment rate would start dropping overnight.

Obamacare wasn't even mentioned last night because the speech wasn't about addressing the problem. It was a campaign speech.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Remember when you criticized Obama? I don't either, fanboi.

3. You are going to have to pass this Jobs Bill to find out what's in it.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We're 2.5 years into his Presidency, does he have one memorable line from a speech?

A, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall"? An, "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"? A, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"?

This guy is supposed to be brilliant. A great writer, a great orator, a great visionary.

Is, "you should pass this bill, right away," the best he's got? Is that the line he'll be remembered for?

Anyone have a memorable line from him since he's been in office?

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I take it you will not be voting for Barack Obama, then?

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

"Obama's Katrina"

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yep.

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Memorable line: "I'm proud of Jimmy Hoffa."

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I always thought his big Jeremiah Wright speech was highly overrated. Remember how the cable news networks tried to talk it up as this transcendent moment on race in America? Weird. Felt the same way about Palin's overrated RNC speech. "A Star is Born," etc., etc.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Still waiting to find out when I said I was "inspired" by the speech, which was the foundation of Carlton's critique of my posts.

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

That's his pat response when he has nothing else. And it isn't even accurate.

12. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The line(s) that stood out for me: "The people of this country work hard to meet their responsibilities. The question tonight is whether we’ll meet ours."

Draft saved Draft deleted