1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama: I did drugs, drank, went after girls and didn't do well in high school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 20, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

Re: Obama: I did drugs, drank, went after girls and didn't do well in high schoo

and heyabbott was li'l' dragon of the junior klan

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I AM OBAMA

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A-fucking-men.

4. Fucking fuck yeah.

5. I don't give a damn what Obama did. I also don't give a damn what Bush did, although it seems some of you have a double standard there.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Speaking for myself, I have no issue with what the current president did before he took office. He did what he wanted, and that's his right.

It's just some of the stuff that's happened since.

7. Bush wasn't honest about it. He admitted he had a drinking problem, but that was it. He didn't mention his DUI -- a story that Alberto Gonzalez unethically helped squash -- and he didn't mention he was a cokehead.

Plus the fact that Bush preached about Christian values, blah, blah, blah.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Bush presents himself as a morally good individual. While governor he continued to try to increase the minimum sentences of first time drug offenses. However, when the issue came up about his own use, Bush claimed that it was “youthful indiscretion.” The double standard exists right there.

Bush was allowed to get away with the “youthful indiscretions” (which some report to be well into his 30s) but he now wants to punish others for the same behavior. If Bush was able to admit that what he did was wrong and that he knew it to be wrong at least a case could be made.

Other than that, I didn’t really care how many lines of coke he did off Laura’s back.

9. well, yeah, but besides that...

10. Re: Obama: I did drugs, drank, went after girls and didn't do well in high schoo

It's much more simple than that. Bush = R. Obama = D.

I guess, then, Bush needs to push for legalization of drugs and an end to DUIs.

Blah, blah, blah. I should have known better.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Obviously you think that and I’m sure there are Democrats out there which jumped on this based solely on Bush being a Republican, but I just pointed out the hypocrisy of Bush’s actions. That is the reason I found it to be an issue.

12. Sorry Pastor. End. Of. Discussion.

Lyman says so.

Draft saved Draft deleted