1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama, Hillary or McCain ... does it even matter?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jps, May 2, 2008.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Try as I might to find major differences, I don't think that's what we'd get. None of the three have the slightest clue as to how to get the economy on the right track and I have no faith our healthcare system is going to be any better four years from Election Day. The Dems are promising action on Iraq, but there's no way we're putting all that oil at risk. I'm very disheartened at the choices I'll have when I step into the voting booth.

2. Politicians = full of fail. And it never fails.

They're all out for No. 1. They all want to be the figurehead. They all want the title, the desk and the power.

Politicians forever suck, and I will forever hate them all equally.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

People who say there'd be no difference obviously pay little attention to the interaction between policies and history.

Question: Would things be different today if the Supreme Court had allowed the Florida re-count to continue and therefore Gore instead of Bush had been elected in 2000? Answer: FUCK YEAH--very different--I guarantee you, for instance, that there never would've been this completely unnecessary war in Iraq, because a cadre of whacko neo-conservatives never would've hijacked our foreign policy. And how different would our Supreme Court be today? And our environmental policies? Yeah, it can make a huge difference.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Our environmental policies?

Are you serious. Mr. Gore was in the White House for eight years and did shit. I don't care if you are the VP or the President. You have power - look at Cheney for goodness sake.
    Gore did shit to advance his cause, and Clinton didn't even need to try hard to stop him - there was nothing there.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes, it makes a great deal of difference. As the voters will demonstrate in November.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like McCain's experience. He's for the war, but he's taken unpopular stances before that have proven to be right. His son is over there fighting and he's a Vietnam war hero. I respect the hell out of that.

I don't dislike Obama, but I don't think he has the experience to be POTUS.

I have a hard time voting for somebody who would be just another big shot attorney if she hadn't married well... Hillary does not impress me on any level. I think a lot of people support her just because they would do anything to get Bill back in the White House.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Experience?

If you voted for Bush, you permanently forfeit the right to say this, think this, imply this, allude to this, mention this, use this as an aside, break ties with this, make hay of this, dine out on this, keep counsel with this, feel comforted by this, take this into consideration, weigh the impact of this, take the measure of this, like the cut of the jib of this, whisper about this, make your opinion known on this, trumpet this, break bread with this, ask about this, question this, take stock of this or in any other way proffer any kind of experience argument in any political discussion for the rest of your natural born life, so help me God.

The last seven years have been an experience.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fixed.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What better experience could a candidate have than having already enjoyed a first term as POTUS?

Yet time and again, a POTUS' second term is almost always worse than his first.

So much for that argument. Move along.

10. RedSmithClone

Is that a fair change? Has he said he didn't respect Kerry's service in the past? Or are you just being a dickhead?

11. RedSmithClone

I do, but youdidn't ask me.

12. jps

jps Active Member

ditto that. my feelings exactly.

To those saying there is a difference, I agree. The three are different. But that doesn't mean any of them are any better than the rest ... I think all three would screw something up royally if given the big chair.

Draft saved Draft deleted