1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Death Squads

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

= Caddyshack & Caddyshack II

Nice work AZ.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Now he likes the legislature? Maybe we can find this in one of the penumbras.

I take it he's still waiting to be convinced.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing: the enemy is no longer hanging out at the Maginot line or in a war room as part of a traditionally ranked staff of commanders. They're descrete elements hanging out all over the place, communicating remotely, and even planted among civilians. Combatants are not trained warriors, but people trained to look inconspicuous before they blow themselves and as many others as possible to smithereens. Obama's actions, and Bush's before that, reflect the reality that most of the globe is a battlefield. Seeking out terrorists for individual death is, in this context, just as right for our safety as an action against a massing of traditional soldiers.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nice to see the President has his top political adviser in the room when he decides who to take out.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well said. I for one am glad that Obama has decided to carry on Bush war on terror.

"In a single instant, we realized that this will be a decisive decade in the history of liberty; that we have been called to a unique role in human events. Rarely has the world faced a choice more clear or consequential.

Our enemies send other people's children on missions of suicide and murder. They embrace tyranny and death as a cause and a creed. We stand for a different choice, made long ago, on the day of our founding. We affirm it again today. We choose freedom and the dignity of every life. "

/George Bush State of Union 2002

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am not crazy about our government killing anyone, but if you think we should be killing people, should it be handled this way, with the CIC being the final yes or no or would you rather it be a faceless committee hiding in the shadows?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm glad that, unlike his predecessor, Obama understands how this war on terror should actually be fought, that he isn't being distracted by neocons who want to invade countries and begin ground wars, and that he's been so tactically, technically successful in his strikes on high-level operatives. We should give a lot of credit to our special forces and intelligence community, as well. Unsung hero: Leon Panetta.

8. Boom_70

I think both plans worked hand in hand. Without the invasions you would have never gotten the intelligence needed to carry out the plan that Obama is currently using. I think it is somewhat analogous to the Roosevelt / Truman comparisons.

9. cranberry

I don't agree that the invasions were the only way to establish a strong intelligence network in the region. Plus, the ground wars have been a disaster in terms of lives and dollars.

10. Boom_70

But a lot of the terrorist network was eliminated by the ground wars.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Not in Iraq., and the cells in Afghanistan just moved to Pakistan or into Yemen.

12. cranberry

Or maybe the ground wars generated a thousand brand new terrorists for every 100 they eliminated?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.