1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Death Squads

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would like to see the Cost Benefit Analysis of keeping grandma alive for 3 more months with congestive heart failure vs. the cost of a drone missile.

Which action will help reduce the federal deficit faster?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Click.

"Hello this is the Obama War on Christmas, how may I help you?"

"I Was supposed to be transferred to Death Panels."

"Oh I'm sorry, I think you want the War on Private Enterprise."

"No, I think it's Death Panels."

"I'm sorry, Death Panels is closed for lunch. Maybe Death Squads can handle your question. If not, I suggest you try War on the Constitution. Allahu Akbar."

Click.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind adding a War on Cable Companies and Automated Phone Systems now that you mention it.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The same lefties around here who were complaining about George W. Bush's barbaric stance on terrorism are now shouting "yeah, Barry, go get their ass....."

Funny how the party you are in changes how people on both sides of the aisle interpret what you say and do.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Click

"Hello, this is the Obama War on Women, how may I help you?"

"Yes, I've been having this problem with my mother-in-law ..."

"Say no more, you want the Death Squad Department, let me transfer you ..."

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's all in the marketing.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Romney wouldn't be allowed to. In 40 years, only Nixon and Bush I have known at any depth where the foreign policy bodies are buried. Republicans far prefer their CIC be a beacon of innocence and naivete on such matters.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The long history of the executive usurpation of the Constitutional powers of life and death given the Congress began in the Jefferson administration and have continued apace. Lincoln was probably the President who pushed the envelope the furthest. In matters of war and peace, the country has always wanted a dictator, and Congress has always acquiesced in that desire.
    The vulnerability of the U.S. to terrorism, while not unique, created a unique fear among the public, one that erased adherence to civilized, let alone constitutional, norms. It's not Obama's fault that state-sanctioned murder is very popular in this country, it's the fault of us as citizens. But to exploit that fault is not praiseworthy.
    Since the economy, or more accurately, "how much money do I, the voter, have right now?" is now the only issue on which Presidents are judged, it's only a matter of time before a future President seizes more or less dictatorial powers on that issue. There will be howls, but in the end, Congress will be relieved to be shed of another responsibility. So will the citizenry. Constitutional democracy is just too much work for us all.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I wonder if these meetings are like the pledge decision meeting in Animal House. I could see John Brennen flinging an apple at the screen.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Ayup.

http://www.salon.com/2012/05/29/obama_the_warrior/singleton/

11. Boom_70

"If I had a son he would look like Acmed"

12. Boom_70

Charles Pierce rings in:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/obama-kill-list-9257224