1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama-Cheney '08?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Let me know if this is a D_b, but story says Obama and Dick Cheney are ... wait for it .... related!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071016/pl_nm/usa_politics_cheney_obama_dc

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

What's with the re-enactment photo? Why would Cheney agree to pose for that?

3. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

This doesn't come close to Sharpton finding out from one of these genealogy reports that he's kin to Strom Thurmond.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The force is strong in this one, Your Excellency

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Eighth cousin?

Figure that one out.

I'm probably Osama Bin Laden's eighth cousin.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Cheney does this with every new Senate member when they come to Washington, regardless of political affiliation. Not sure if it's with all the new House people or not. I actually watched this on C-span for like an hour a few y ears ago. I was sick with the flu, I think. But it was interesting watching the different people interact.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"Author" Lynne Cheney. What a hoot.

I recall Lynne Cheney's seminal A-to-Z effort (it really is a children's book in more ways than one) during a visit years ago to the kind of corporate shit bookstore created in the spirit of the Cheneys and this chickenshit administration.

One's expectations of Lynne's new book, not to mention her sourcework, cannot be anything but low. This author and historian, after all, is a woman who has made a name out of savaging some of America's most vulnerable institutions -- from the NEH to public universities -- for cheaply scored political points.

Her response to 9/11 was to whip up hatred for those awful dissenting pinko professors by sponsoring a collection of weakly wrought rhetorical bites purporting to show that higher education -- understand this now -- hates America because some teachers and students actually exercised the rights we are defending and did something other than sing hosannas to the scarecrow on a stick in the autumn fields otherwise known as "President" George W. Bush.

It's been an ABC's kind of administration since Jan. 2001, I expect all of Lynne's books to follow the same. Maybe George knows the fourth letter by now.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Obama's maternal great great father once owned Cheney's paternal great great great grandmother.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

No, you would have been smuggled out of the country w/o any questioning on Sept. 12, 2001.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I agree with your post, but this has to be the longest sentence in SJ history, no?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Obama is black? I had no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted