1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama and more rebate checks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Did you really think any fucking politician is different?

2. ScribePharisee

Obama will bring the troops home and give them all rebate checks to live on. Unless their daddies work for Big Oil, in which case a cushy job and stock divident await them. But in that case, few were ever enlisted, so they wouldn't have counted. Bring on the rebate checks, Mr. President-Elect.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And send them to college via the G.I. Bill that McCain (surprisingly) doesn't agree with.

4. ScribePharisee

Shhh. McCain's too busy taking endorsements from evangelicals he knows nothing about then throwing them off the train when the hounds sniff them out.

5. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Don't tell Georgie W, but my check will be used to stimulate England's economy...the $1200 made it possible for my wife and I to finally go on a honeymoon to London...Thanks Prez

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I also liked Obama, but he wants to raise capital gains to 30-percent and raise the income tax level to 39 percent. Way to grow the economy in a downturn--raise taxes.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On who? Are you talking about the richest 1 percent, who've received a major tax break for the last seven years thanks to Bush. Or the rest of the population, which hasn't seen that major tax break trickle down to raises for them of barely the cost of inflation for them for the last 30 years?

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

How about keeping taxes at their current rates for anyone who makes $100,000 or more and eliminating all income taxes on those who make 100,000 or less, that way we can have a much bigger welfare state and make those evil rich people take care of the rest of us........

9. Baron Scicluna

You mean the same welfare state that built a baseball stadium for our current president when he was one of the owners of the Texas Rangers, or the welfare state that handed out a no-bid contract to a company that our current vice president owns stock in to do work in Iraq?

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for stimulus check No. 1, too.

I said this many weeks ago: I'm shocked at how little both of these candidates know about economics and how this country works. They're all about quick fixes and sound clips that people like to hear. Obama might change many things, but I have zero faith in his ability when it comes to dollars and cents.

11. Baron Scicluna

What do you expect from a population and media, that, rather than wants to hear a sound discussion of issues, prefers to scream out: HUSSEIN!, HE'S OLD!, FLAG PIN! WAR HERO!

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly -- so what is your point?

Draft saved Draft deleted