1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Administration launches "Attack Watch"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 13, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I don't know...your wife, maybe?

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Oooooh. Burn!

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Of course it is amateurish, it is from Jim Messina. He knows how to make lame 70s music, not fundraising solicitations.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

LAME??????? HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Fixed.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Fixed" implies that you made it better.

A better word in this case would be "altered." It was just fine as is.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

In either form, he's a dead man walking in politics.

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I think even the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers are starting to realize this...well, except for Alma.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sending out periodic (and later, repeated) e-mails asking for five bucks played a role in Obama amassing such a large campaign chest in 2008. Five bucks here, five bucks there.

While I think these recent messages are rather cheesy and childish (shocking in a political e-mail, I know) there will be a lot of people who respond positively to an opportunity to help the Obama campaign again.

He will have easily the biggest amount of money to work with next year, and by November, a majority of voters will look at the GOP field, and be quite happy to re-elect him.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy chuckling at these e-mails, but don't fool yourselves into thinking that the detritus that is the GOP field has a shot in 2012. Obama has 14 months to firmly establish the advantage. Don't bet against him.

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

You, my friend, are dreaming. Obama has had 32 months to firmly establish the advantage and he has failed miserably. NY-9, Nevada. These are bellweather results regardless of how the left is trying to spin it. It does not matter who the republican nominee is...the economy is not getting better, unemployment is not going down and Obama is joining the private sector. And I would not bet on Obama's money advantage being that significant...or making that much of a difference. He is in trouble in all of the battleground states and is going to lose quite handily. Don't bet against that.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"Trouble" in September 2011? Plenty of time for the narrative to turn.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

If things stay even close to where they are now, Obama is going to have a murderous fight on his hands next year to be sure. But "Generic Republican" isn't running against Obama. A flesh-and-blood Republican, with upsides and liabilities, will be running. And he or she will have to prove that he/she is a better option than Obama. Simply not being Obama won't be enough. It wasn't enough for Thomas Dewey against Harry Truman. It wasn't enough for John Kerry against George W. Bush.

Draft saved Draft deleted