1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Administration launches "Attack Watch"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So how much are you sending?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This was in 2010:

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/feature/2010/04/23/snopes_rumors_obama_bush_open2010/index.html

"After eight years in the White House (with Snopes.com around all that time), George W. Bush has been the subject of 47 internet rumors. After less than two years in office, Barack Obama has been the subject of 87, or nearly twice as many.

Even more telling is the relative accuracy of those stories. For Bush, 20 rumors, or 43%, are true. Only 17, or 36%, are false. The remainder are of mixed veracity (4), undetermined (4), or unclassifiable (2).

In contrast, for Obama only 8 of the 87 rumors, or 9%, are true, and a whopping 59, or 68%, are whoppers. There are 17 of mixed veracity and 3 undetermined."

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Deys sayin bad tings bout us :-( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    What a bunch of pussies. I gues www.fightthesmears.com wasn't enough. How many tattletale websites do these little babies need? Amateur hour.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd attribute that more to forwarding of messages, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Ten years later, we're far more connected -- it's so much easier to spread rumors than before.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

[​IMG]
    To arms! To arms!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seeing the fact that John Kerry lost in 2004 because he was too slow in calling out the Swift Boaters' bullshit, I'm fully in favor of this.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Most of the rumors about Obama make the propogator look worse than the subject.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

No, I'm gonna go ahead and attribute it to the fact that Obama's opponents lie.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Also, it's not the Obama administration that launched this. It's the campaign. There's a difference.

(As I noted elsewhere, I expect the "he's using his office to campaign!!!1!!one!" meme to be a focal point of the coming election season, as though no incumbent has ever run for re-election before.)

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Ignoring, of course, the fact that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth were 100 percent correct.

11. Dear AttackWatch - I just heard that back in 1987 Barack Obama (or someone who looked like him) had sex with Sarah Palin.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, but did he fuck Glen Rice?

Draft saved Draft deleted