1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Administration Justifies Targeted Killings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 5, 2012.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe they started getting accurate intel/info, instead of the cooked-up lies disseminated by Bush/Cheney.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You and me both

4. I think a fair case can be made that Anwar and his ilk have divested themselves of their citizenship by their actions.

However, I think before an administration can target a formerly American citizen, it should have to prove that the citizen took actions that amount to a renunciation of citizenship. That proof should be given to an Article III tribunal in a fully transparent and open process, with court-assigned counsel to represent the individual.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's got to be it...

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Eric Holder spiked Braun's urine. Fucking Cubs fan.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You join Al Queda, you're an enemy combatant, and a valid target. I'd agree whether it was done by President Obama, President Bush or President COCKDIAN!

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

John Walker Lindh (captured Nov. 2001) is living the easy life in a country club prison.

If the president had been serious about wiping out terrorists, Lindh would have been dumped in a rubber bag in the Persian Gulf about 36 hours after capture.

9. Boom_70

Good thing for Lindh that Bush was President.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Pierce. The rebuttal.

www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/eric-holder-drone-speech-7124146

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Complete takedown. Well done.

12. Boom_70

Finally - a Democrat with intellectual honesty. Thank you
    Charles Pierce.
    Mar
    How We Can Help President Obama Today
    By Charles P. Pierce
    at 10:38PM

" The criteria for when a president can unilaterally decide to kill somebody is completely full of holes, regardless of what the government's pet lawyers say. And this...

"This is an indicator of our times," Holder said, "not a departure from our laws and our values."

...is a monumental pile of crap that should embarrass every Democrat who ever said an unkind word about John Yoo. This policy is a vast departure from our laws and an interplanetary probe away from our values. The president should not have this power because the Constitution, which was written by smarter people than, say, Benjamin Wittes, knew full and goddamn well why the president shouldn't have this power. If you give the president the power to kill without due process, or without demonstrable probable cause, he inevitably will do so. And, as a lot of us asked during the Bush years, if you give this power to President George Bush, will you also give it to President Hillary Clinton and, if you give this power to President Barack Obama, will you also give it to President Rick Santorum?

Draft saved Draft deleted