1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O/U: Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Aug 13, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

So the QB with the twice-repaired rotator cuff took a particularly long time to come out of the trainer's room Friday night after his first game action of the summer...which included two pretty solid hits on his right shoulder.

He says he's fine. Pennington also said the only way he'd miss action last year following his injury was if they sawed his arm off. Close enough.

Eric Mangini says he's fine. Says they were talking in the back room because he wanted to get his feedback on the game while it was still fresh in Chad's mind.

So is anyone else's bullshit detector on code red? How long until it's revealed Pennington's right shoulder once again resembles shrapnel?

I say no later than opening day.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Two sets of downs.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

They'll give him limited time through the exhibition season so it doesn't become obvious and in an effort to nurse it back to health, and then I say they try to play through it until week three when his arm falls off his torso completely.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Is Richard Todd available? Cuz I ain't buying any of the four clowns they're trotting out there in camp.

Although Clemens does appear to have some potential.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

At this point, I would actually rather start Kellen Clemens instead of him. He looked great in that last game.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Week 2. Clemens will be the starter by season's end.

7. lono

lono Active Member

Just a guess, but I'd figure about 8 seconds.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

They open against Denver?

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

While trying to find WFAN on car stereo, ruptures rotator cuff on drive to stadium for third exhibition game.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think Pennington will be done and Patrick Ramsey will be starting by week 5 or 6, and he will do better than a lot of people hexpect--even though the Jets are probably a 4 or 5 win team this season. Ramseys a little mistake prone, but the thing I like about him is that he's tough. He will take a pounding and keep jumping back up. He's also got chemistry with Lavernues Coles, who is the Jets only offensive weapon.

Draft saved Draft deleted