1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT runs another Photoshopped picture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 28, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Y'all noticed the cord ???

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How you say?

Maybe she is a snake charmer!

[​IMG]

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Just a camera trick. Not a photoshop job.
    Reminds of Garnett's giant "penis" from the AP a couple, three years back.
    Plus, what does the photog gain from removing the cable? Nothing.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, I'm going with the photog's explanation here. If you look at the Marines in the photo, several are blurred. It appears as if anything moving even slightly was out of focus.

5. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

There is blur where the cord would be - it isn't very clear in the original photo, but it is definitely there. -

[​IMG]

The reason why it doesn't fade is because the photogrpaher used a low-powered flash. The duration of the flash is short enough that it freezes anything below a certain speed, but the flash wasn't powerful enough or aimed in the right direction to freeze the cord above that point. I'm actually surprised everything is as sharp as it is considering it was shot at 1/6 of a second.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm with Dools on this one. It took a long time to notice what was wrong with the picture.

7. hey, if you were in that position, wouldn't you get a better look too? Give a cord a break brothaaas.

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Wow, Chris. That is a strong, strong site. There are some unbelievably beautiful women on there. Well, I'd better go shave my palms get back to work.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Who cares about the photoshopped photo (at least on this particular one) ... Purrfect photo if you ask me! ;)

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm impressed. I couldn't get a pic to look that sharp at 1/6 on a tripod taking a picture of a stationary object.

Draft saved Draft deleted