1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT Now app

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RecoveringJournalist, Jun 1, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm probably way, way late to the party on this one, or maybe I'm missing something, but the new NYT app is better than anything I've seen. It's ridiculously easy to navigate, it looks like it has the entire paper there and it's free.

I don't know if this is an experiment or what, but most apps that newspapers have are just absolute shit. This is the exception.

Are there other newspaper apps that work similarly?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I had the paid version and it was light years better than the free.

But the free version is still pretty good.

The Guardian's American free app is rock solid and I also like the Washington Post's.

By having the news alerts setup on my phone for all three, it is amazingly great when news is happening and I can just look at my lock screen and see what's going. It is also fun to compare and contrast the treatments of the three on the same story.

3. I currently use NYT Now and AP apps, as well as apps for local media. NYT Now is definitely the class of all news apps I've used.

Draft saved Draft deleted