1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT: Ex-Patriot corroborates Spygate cheating since 2000

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Judging by the results, no.

2. Sometimes, they just catch to much of the plate.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My money is on Ted Johnson as the source, especially given that NYT was the vehicle for that feature on him a year or two ago.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's a great call. I would agree. But they will try to paint Ted as delusional.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's about the NFL. I'm just asking the question, and it's a legitimate one. With all the job switching and note sharing that goes in the NFL, I'm supposed to believe this practice was confined to one franchise for as long as eight years? I'm skeptical.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, the Patriots got caught. The other teams, as far as we know, have not been caught. Just because others might have done it does not make it any less of a violation of the rules.

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

True, but it still might be worth exploring to see if it's widespread. Give the Patriots their due punishment, but don't necessarily stop there.

8. outofplace

Oh, no doubt....I'm just sick of the "everybody is probably doing it" defense, which is utter bullshit.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Looks like Walsh is moving closer to turning over evidence to the NFL ...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/03/_walshs_lawyer.html

10. outofplace

Which league officials might even look at before destroying it. Consider me skeptical about the obsessive senator's ability to keep that from happening.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still think this has the potential to be huge and possibly result in a year suspension for Belichick...

Granted, Specter won't be satisfied until they reverse the outcome of the Pats victory over the Eagles and present them with the Lombardi Trophy, but if that's what it takes for this all to come out, I'm all for it...

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Better. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted