1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT: ESPN pulled out of concussion doc project due to NFL pressure

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Thought the most compelling interview was with Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I actually thought Leigh Steinberg's account of talking with a concussed Troy Aikman after the NFC Championship game was the most compelling minutes of the documentary. Anecdotal, sure. But it showed the extent of just one concussion on a play that looked rather benign.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Agree on Steinberg's snippet.
    Also agree with those who point out that newspapers and all sorts of other "independent" media outlets have their own sacred cows, as decreed by publishers and top editors either overtly or covertly. Biting hands that feed you is no way to profitability, and it's naive to pretend otherwise. Once in a great while, we see some outlet torch a bridge to an advertiser but only when there are other bridges in place.
    I'm much more OK with this sort of journalistic flaw than I am with political and social bias that doesn't do a damn thing for the company's bottom line.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"League of Denial" will be a movie, just not a Disney movie.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/09/league-of-denial-to-be-adapted-into-a-movie/#sthash.3dKn5cGF.uxfs

Draft saved Draft deleted