1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC SJ Event

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Apr 27, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It would be fun. I think the worst thing that would come of it is a lot of you would probably grow to like me once you actually met me and, well, that would ruin 80 percent of my persona around here...... ;)

Truth be told, there are very few people I've encountered around here -- or in life in general -- that I wouldn't want to have a few beers with so don't be shocked if I do show up!!!

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What's considered a good rate in NYC? The one time I went I stayed in Hoboken.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Rates in mid-town on hotwire for a 3.5 star hotel for $ 119 and a 4 star hotel in the Central Park area for $ 139. (One room, 2 adults)

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn. That is pretty good. Once again, I'm intrigued by this idea.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You are kind of girly.

6. lono

lono Active Member

TTIWWP, etc.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I hope mystery man Pete shows up. He was one of the great guys at the Toronto outing

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I wish this took place before preseason practice started. The death cycle lasts from August-April in college beat world.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I wish it could be otherwise but balancing JR's, spinted's and my availability made things complicated. :D

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Me in!!
    And I have room for one nice, neat, progressive thinker, must love dogs, can deal with the mets but hates what the Yankees have become, and would have to buy me takeout Fatty Crab and/or buy me a drink from the local Irish bar in lieu of compensation.
    Please apply to me and tell me your strengths. I'll provide coffee and old Japanese sake. And maybe a sheet and some towels.
    WHAT A DEAL!

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

DAMMIT! Now I've already promised a room to share.

maybe I'll just pay for a share of her room and shack up with you. :D

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd like to try to attend. I've never been to NYC before but have always wanted to go - maybe this is my chance. Because, you know, if I can make it there..... ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted