1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Post: NBA ref to be arrested for fixing games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 20, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Which could easily happen if they happened to argue about balls and strikes and the morphing strikezone from the top to the bottom of the inning.

Of course, you could only do it in a park that didn't have questec.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

But if that happens a few times, you're sort of out of the bag.

3. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

So because baseball and football have their own scandals, this isn't a black eye for the NBA? What does one have to do with the other? Or did I miss the blue font?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The NFL with thugs? No one could have guessed that.

It is NO problem for the league. As a matter of fact, the suspensions will only make the league more popular.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

"Just what the NBA needs, another black eye," suggests that the league has had a lot of them lately, which it really hasn't. In fact, the other leagues have had much greater scandals and image problems than the NBA. I just found it curious that this would be greeted with a reaction of "there goes the NBA, screwing up again." That's all.

6. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

I'm just wondering what the heck it has to do with the NFL or MLB, that's all. And deserved or not, the NBA has the worst image of the three leagues. So yeah, it's another black eye for the NBA.

7. Mmac

Mmac Guest

The NFL's image may be better, but after the year Pac Man, Tank, Vick, and the Bengals' Roster has had, I'm not sure how you can still say its warranted.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Bulls fans ::) :D

And Grand Wizard Boom's right hand man does it again? You know what this means yab? You get a free white robe!

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

You said it yourself -- "deserved or not, the NBA has the worst image of the three leagues" -- I'm saying it's not deserved. And comments like "this is another black eye" add to that undeserved reputation. Another black eye? What was the last one? The Palace brawl 3 or 4 years ago? Since then we've had baseball stars lying to Congress and NFL players getting arrested almost daily. And yet it's the NBA that can't afford "another" black eye. I was just pointing out the difference in the way the leagues are perceived.

And I'm in no way trying to minimize the importance of this ref thing if it's true. It would be a huge, huge blow to the league. Obviously.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Can't wait till the details break.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Anyone got a name yet?

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Will laugh uncontrollably if it is Steve Javve.

Draft saved Draft deleted