1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY police officers acquitted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 25, 2008.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So on the heels of a verdict that finds no criminal wrongdoing in the police shooting of an unarmed suspect, Sharpton conducts a lawful protest march through Harlem, makes a point of calling for peaceful, organized civil disobedience - and because a couple of mopes on the sidewalk yell something, he's a terrorist?

I understand the Rev's history, but c'mon.

2. Another county heard from.
    Read carefully. I have said (repeatedly) that the race of the cops doesn't obviate the essential racism of THE ACT, which was a result of deeply ingrained institutional and cultural racism within the NYPD, the city, and the society at large. These things, of course, are more than OK with you, as you've demonstrated in your entire career hereabouts, but your question is not merely stupid, it's moot.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

He doesn't want peace. He knows it will turn violent, but he'll turn and walk away acting like he wasn't the catalyst.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/27/nyregion/27bell.html?_r=1&hp&oref=login

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nice. Any question that you don't want to deal with, or answer, or can't answer because it requires you to do more than scratch the surface of your bleeding heart, is dubbed stupid or moot.

Good way to dodge the issue. I'll give you this: you're a pro at it.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is it racism or the harsh reality of statistics that say that 50 % of murders committed in the US are by blacks - who only account for 10% of the population. Certainly cops are well aware of that stat.

I still think the best solution might be to take away guns from the cops.

As far as Sharpton is concerned I still would like to see him organize a march that calls for the end racist and misogynist rap lyrics.

Call me a cynic but look for Hillary Clinton to "reach out" to Sharpton's group. Everything has a purpose for Sharpton and it's never what it seems.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

And if Hillary ain't in a bad situation, she care less.
    Now she needs to put on the acting cap.

8. You really are this stupid.
    I dodged nothing. I explained why your question has no relevance to the discussion. I realize it's a favore talking-point of yours -- The Negroes Are Stealing My Country! -- but I will say what I said again: I make no judgments on the motivation of the cops in question -- your own dumbass "traitor to their people" formulation is your own problem -- but the act of shooting Sean Bell was a racist act. When the Nazis hired Jews to work the crematoria for an extra crust of bread and two weeks more of life, were those Jews anti-Semitic? It doesn't matter because, by their complicity, they were engaging in anti-Semitic acts. The Indian scouts who aided the Cavalry in acts of genocide on the frontier may or may not have been racist -- some undoubtedly were -- but their acts were acts of racist genocide.
    None of this is hard to understand, except for the professionally obtuse, and for the giddily racist themselves.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Die, die, die pig, die!

Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Yeah!

Cop killer, better you than me.
    Im a cop killer, fuck police brutality!
    Cop killer, I know your familys grieving,
    (fuck em!)
    Cop killer, but tonight we get even, ha ha ha ha, yeah!

Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Fuck the police!
    Break it down.

Fuck the police, yeah!
    Fuck the police, for darryl gates.
    Fuck the police, for rodney king.
    Fuck the police, for my dead homies.
    Fuck the police, for your freedom.
    Fuck the police, dont be a pussy.
    Fuck the police, have some muthafuckin courage.
    Fuck the police, sing along.

Cop killer!
    Cop killer!
    Cop killer!
    Cop killer!

Cop killer! whaddyou wanna be when you grow up?
    Cop killer! good choice.
    Cop killer! Im a muthafuckin
    Cop killer!

Cop killer, better you than me.
    Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
    Cop killer, I know your mommas grieving,
    (fuck her!)
    Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Boom, delete that. It has no place here.

11. No, leave it up.
    It's Boom's opinion and he's entitled.
    And I remember when Charlton heston campaigned simultaneously against that song, and against the regulation of "copkiller" bullets.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Opinion is one thing.
    Posting it for shock value is another.

Draft saved Draft deleted