1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Daily News: Ankiel linked to HGH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Did he begin his minor league career before or after it was banned?

2. boots

boots New Member

It's a nothing story. He has obviously been tested and passed. All of this happened BEFORE the ban.

3. I really enjoyed your short vacation from here.

4. boots

boots New Member

I haven't the slightest idea about what you're talking about. I've been around.

5. boots, there's no test for HGH. So he hasn't been tested for that.

6. Except for the two weeks you weren't. It was sooooooo nice. Best. Vacation. Ever.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Again, the story said he stopped receiving shipments before it got banned by MLB. How much he got before then and how much he used either before or after remains in question.

8. boots

boots New Member

Well slap my ass and call me boots! I HAVE NOT BEEN ON VACATION! I have been around.

9. boots

boots New Member

Oz, I see your point but in my opinion, it's moot. Let's say he admits to taking HGH, did that have a bearing on the season he's having? No.
    That's like a cop giving you a ticket for speeding three years ago.

10. Posting under your other monikers, then ... which is fine. Not nearly as disruptive.

11. boots

boots New Member

Again, what is with you and this fixation over me? I have been here. I post when I want to say something. I don't understand where you are coming from at all.

12. Ok, so let's go back on topic.

You're honestly saying that the newspaper shouldn't pursue this story? You and your many years of experience is really telling you this is a "nothing" story? Just leave it alone, huh? The potential comeback player of the year apparently proven to use an illegal substance - which also happens to be one of the biggest baseball stories of the decade - and you would let it lie?

Don't you get tired of playing us all for fools?

Draft saved Draft deleted