1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nwzPaper.com

Discussion in 'Online Journalism' started by ChrisMaza, Feb 5, 2013.

1. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

These kinds of things seem to pop up all over the place, but has anyone heard about this one, which was on journalismjobs.com? Seems bizarre.
    More for curiosity and conversation than anything else...

Company: nwzPaper.com
    Position:
    Writers Wanted!!
    Job Status: Not Specified
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    March 10, 2013
    Job ID: 1467691

Description:

Participate in the launch of a global independent publishing platform that enables writers from anywhere in the world to distribute their work locally, nationally, and globally. Forget about sending your work into the search engine abyss and instead directly connect with readers through efficient geospatial distribution and direct subscription.

Check out the site, setup an account, publish your first article, and let us know what you think!

CLICK HERE TO START WRITING

Regards,

nwzPaper Founding Team
    Facebook.com/nwzPaper
    Twitter.com/nwzPaper

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I know nothing, but the first thing that popped into my mind was "red flag." And then several exclamation points.

Companies pay to list on JJ, though, is that right?

3. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Yes they do, not sure how much.
    Really bizarre.

4. nwzPaper

nwzPaper New Member

Hi Chris and SJ community,

I only discovered this post today, but thought I should follow up on it. What questions do you all have? Keep in mind that this is a very large undertaking and years of thought, planning and development have and will continue to be invested in it. The current platform is the BETA version that we have opened to the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta

As it sits today, the nwzPaper system can algorithmically personalize nwzPaper editions for anyone in over 3 million markets (cities) around the world and layer it from local to national to global. The subscription function also exists for people to subscribe to any author they choose and receive the author's published content in their news stream immediately upon publishing. In addition, there's a traditional search facility built on top of the lucene indexing code that a user can use.

I have to wear a lot of hats and am very busy tending to everything that needs to be done, but I will try to check back to this thread from time to time to answer questions. For those that do setup an account, you will receive a direct email from me and you can reach me directly, then.

Also, I am aware of how hard the producers (journalists) in the publishing industry have been impacted by the internet. nwzPaper is a platform to support a completely new paradigm, so some forward thinking is required to see the future. It's been a huge investment from me and I haven't earned a penny in the almost three years I've been working to build it. That should start to change in 2013 I am hoping!

Sincerely,

Daniel McReavy
    Founder
    http://nwzpaper.com/journalistProfileStream?userId=4

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Release the hounds.

Draft saved Draft deleted