1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nuke This

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That was my point.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It may be a while. It's been over a year since I asked YF to give five pieces of legislation that the Republicans have introduced that were designed to benefit solely the middle class. Never got a response.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You'll never get it for one very simple reason: The great majority of the great things conservatives do is without the government or outside the scope of government. Conservatives go out and create things, invent things, cure things, improve things. Conservatives free oppressed people -- people being oppressed by liberal governments.

The greatness of conservatism has nothing to do with government or legislation. The best thing conservatives can do in government is pare it down. But because of you "government has to do everything" liberals who are ruining the American Dream, now the only apparent choice for conservatives is trying to slow the rate of government's growth and government's debt. We do all the heavy lifting, while you guys just keep throwing more shit on the pile for us to lift.

You're welcome.

4. Baron Scicluna

Which oppressed people? Name them.

And liberals don't go out and create things, invent things, cure things? Really?

5. old_tony

When liberals do anything productive in the private sector, they have conservative motives and use conservative methods.

6. Baron Scicluna

Name them.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of the biggest contributions conservatives have made is to provide liberals with things to complain and complain and complain and complain and complain and complain and complain and complain and complain and complain about.
    (This response came when I was reminded of a time when me and a friend went to AT&T Park. He was wearing Dodgers garb and saying "Go Dodgers" from time to time. A guy in Giants gear gets in his face and shouts "Dodgers go home." My friend gets back in his face and says, "You should be glad I'm here, because if I wasn't, you wouldn't have anybody to yell at.")

8. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, kinda amazing that conservatives have provided liberals with so much material. I wonder why?

9. old_tony

So you admit that liberals are nothing but complainers. That's a good start.

10. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

This thread has degenerated from a decent conversation about the nuke agreement into a generic 'conservatives vs liberals' insult fest. We're done here.

ChrisLong and outofplace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.