1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nudity in the gym locker room

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jul 2, 2013.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

If he's singing "How Great Thou Art" while looking down ...

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Smart management. That encourages you to hold it and take that dump at home, not on company time.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy shit. This rivals a #Geenius post. I think I'm going to propose a new hashtag for posts like this: #Almagawd

4. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Tallywhacker.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Maybe the old boy was a hockey player, those guys are always naked unless they are on the ice.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

#truth

Remember standing around in "the room" when one of the class clown-type players saunters over and says, "Nothing like hanging around naked with your friends eating pizza."

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I always showered after gym in high school. When you play football at my high school, they give you the option of taking "Weight training" in place of gym from 7 to 8 am. The bulk of the class showered, maybe not every day, but definitely on the days where we had to run, which was at least twice a week. There were always a few kids who didn't, for whatever reason.

I think it came down to not wanting to stink all day...

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Wanting to be desirable to the fairer sex at that heady age had a lot to do with it.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

For a guy who hates me so much, you've now posted at least three things I agree with in the last week or so. ;)

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its a generational thing; when I was in my late 20's and the mid 30's, I was a member of a fairly nice sports club in the city where a number of finance types and professionals went to work out; in the mens locker room was a TV viewing area with couches and there were several guys in their 50's and 60s who just took a steam bath/sauna and laid on their towels with their privates in full bloom watching the tube. They just simply did not care.

As for the public shower history, since I was a late bloomer, I had to cope with going into the showers in 7th grade, starting Jr. High, with bald privates while the hairy older types strutted around. Good thing I had my stick of Brut at least so I could pretend to be grown up! (Joe Willie was a great spokesman)

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So wouldn't that mean it's not a generational thing?

Draft saved Draft deleted