1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NU Press Conference

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I assume you were referring to 1988, since WVU never got a shot to play for the title in '93. They lost the '88 game to Notre Dame three plays into the game when Major Harris got injured on a dirty hit. And they probably wouldn't have won, anyway.

This season, however, there isn't a team in college football that WVU couldn't have a shot at beating.

EDIT: Added wicked's quote to the post.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

WVU was decent under Bobby Bowden, too. Danny Buggs was one of the more exciting college players of his era.

UB easily has the academic chops to fit in with the Big Ten, too. I don't think they'll ever make a mark with the local fanbase as a MAC school. As a Big East or Big Ten school (yes, a very long shot, I'm not delusional here), that's different.

Now, back to Nebraska. Gill will undoubtedly get interviewed, winning five games at UB with the dregs Gil inherited is outstanding. I have some friends who are native Nebraskans and he's very popular. Brian Kelly at Cincinnati, if he doesn't go to Michigan, might be a smarter choice. That guy can coach, and the Bearcats play defense, something that's been an afterthought in Lincoln of late.

The Turner Gill-to-Nebraska story is the top read on the Buffalo News' website. I'd expect many Nebraska fans have hit it, as UB football generaly doesn't crack the top 10, even on Sundays after a game.

Or what about Chris Petersen at Boise State (even though UCLA might want a shot at him when Dorrel is fired). Small-town atmosphere like Boise, good medical facilities for his son who has some problems, and a great program. Plus he could kick Dan Hawkins' butt every year. The Buffalo News' story also mentions Grobe at WFU.

Draft saved Draft deleted